Mechanical Design Engineer (m/f/d)
Enapter is a rapidly-growing energy technology company with offices in Italy, Germany and Thailand. We develop and produce Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) electrolysers that enable low-cost green hydrogen production at any scale.
Enapter’s mission is to make green hydrogen affordable and accessible to all. We are an international team that is united by a common vision and guided by our core principles – Urgency, Simplicity and Transparency. To find out more, please visit our company page (www.enapter.com/about).
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer (m/f/d) to join our mechanical engineering team in Pisa, Italy. You will be an integral part of the development process and will have a wide range of technical challenges to tackle. Be ready for a dynamic environment!
- Design, development, assembly and validation of mechanical components for AEM stacks and other devices
- Creation and management of 3D models and 2D drawings
- Analysis and selection of materials, manufacturing processes to optimisze performance and cost of components
- Design reviews of mechanical parts and assemblies
- Prepare engineering calculations, specifications and other technical documentation
- Creation and management of BOM in our ERP system (SAP)
- Support testing, industrial engineering, production, quality and purchasingand aftermarket teams
- First things first: Enthusiasm for the part green hydrogen will play in tomorrow’s world and Enapter’s role in it
- Master’s degree in aerospace/mechanical engineering or equivalent field
- At least 2 years of experience as mechanical design engineer
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials
- Experience in using CAD softwares (Autodesk Inventor or similar) and EDMS (Autodesk Vault or similar)
- Knowledge of MS Office pack
- Experience in rapid prototyping (3D printing), surface treatments and FEM simulations would be considered a plus
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- You’ll have the opportunity to help shape the future of energy in one of the most dynamic companies in the hydrogen industry
- The vision and the people: That’s what our colleagues say they love the most about Enapter
- We love flat hierarchies and being able to collaborate with each other no matter what your role
- We want you to feel that you’re making a real difference, so you’ll have creative freedom and flexibility in how you work
- Working on an empty stomach is the worst. We offer lunch tickets and have restaurants close by that are affiliated. We also have kitchens with coffee machines to get your coffee fix!
- Optional access to health insurance to cover those unexpected visits to the doctor or specialist and optional access to a pension fund to help support your future savings goals! (In line with the current “C.C.N.L. settore Chimica Industria” – National Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Industrial Chemistry sector)
- Every new team member gets a slice of the pie… we offer stock options to all new hires, and also for exceptional performance
- We want you to feel like part of the crew – because you are! All newcomers get decked out in Enapter merch that has been sustainably selected and sourced
- We celebrate our success together… often! You’ll frequently see snacks and healthy treats in the office
- An exciting working environment at our original R&D and production facility just outside of Pisa
We offer all the basics anyone can expect:
A competitive salary package based on the market and what you bring to the table, paid sick leave for both your physical and mental health and 33.5 days paid leave (including holidays, permissions and ROL) per year.
We know that diverse groups are more productive and creative! As a company with a focus on R&D and rapidly implementing innovative technology, this is particularly important to us and why we embrace and celebrate diversity. We explicitly welcome any application that brings additional perspectives to Enapter. If you believe that you can draw from your unique background and experiences to bring something new to our team, please tell us about it. We look forward to hearing from you!