R&D Testing Manager (m/f/d)
Enapter is a rapidly-growing energy technology company with offices in Italy, Germany and Thailand. We develop and produce Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) electrolysers that enable low-cost green hydrogen production at any scale.
Enapter’s mission is to make green hydrogen affordable and accessible to all. We are an international team that is united by a common vision and guided by our core principles – Urgency, Simplicity and Transparency. To find out more, please see our Enapter Story page (www.enapter.com/about).
We’re looking for an R&D Testing Manager (m/f/d) to join and lead our testing team on electrolyser and stack development and validation in Pisa, Italy. Your future team is considered a pillar of the technical business area and you’ll play an integral part of the development process for our AEM electrolysers. You’ll face a wide range of technical challenges: Be ready for a dynamic environment!
If you’re as passionate about changing the world as we are then you’re in the right place!
- Coordinate a highly interdisciplinary team of engineers and technicians with various backgrounds to complete validation activities within deadlines
- Review test plans and test reports to ensure timely delivery of sound documentation
- Report to the Head of R&D on testing activities, results and follow-up actions
- Actively contribute to product development with your knowledge and close attention to the functional requirements
- Support Quality and Technical Service departments on internal NCs and tailored customer troubleshooting
- Optimize and iterate testing processes and assets in accordance with the new products developed, ensuring medium-term plans on the testing facilities
- First things first: Enthusiasm for the part green hydrogen will play in tomorrow’s world and Enapter’s role in it
- At least an MSc in Engineering disciplines, with sufficient knowledge of chemistry and electrochemistry matters
- At least 7 years of working experience in the Engineering field, with proven industrial experience in R&D departments. Experience in the commissioning of large plants and systems is a plus
- Previous experience in people management, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on approach to closely oversee experiment runs in which both mechanical and electrical components are used in electrochemical systems
- Excellent knowledge of engineering principles (thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, mechanical and electrical principles) as well as industrial test rig setup, experience with pressurized gases will be a plus
- Advanced Software knowledge in MS Office, Jira (opt.), Python
- Ability to develop new ideas and transform them into practical and measurable deliverables
- Pro-active and solution-oriented attitude to approach daily problems
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, and fluency in English and Italian
- You’ll have the opportunity to help shape the future of energy in one of the most dynamic companies in the hydrogen industry
- The vision and the people: That’s what our colleagues say they love the most about Enapter
- We love flat hierarchies and being able to collaborate with each other no matter what your role
- We want you to feel that you’re making a real difference, so you’ll have creative freedom and flexibility in how you work
- Working on an empty stomach is the worst. We offer lunch tickets and have restaurants close by that are affiliated. We also have kitchens with coffee machines to get your coffee fix!
- Optional access to health insurance to cover those unexpected visits to the doctor or specialist and optional access to a pension fund to help support your future savings goals! (In line with the current “C.C.N.L. settore Chimica Industria” – National Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Chemical Industry sector)
- Every new team member gets a slice of the pie… we offer stock options to all new hires, and also for exceptional performance
- We want you to feel like part of the crew – because you are! All newcomers get decked out in Enapter merch that has been sustainably selected and sourced
- We celebrate our success together… often! You’ll frequently see snacks and healthy treats in the office
- An exciting working environment at our original R&D and production facility just outside of Pisa
We offer all the basics anyone can expect:
A competitive salary package based on the market and what you bring to the table, paid sick leave for both your physical and mental health and 33.5 days paid leave (including holidays, permissions and ROL) per year.
Think we might be the right fit?
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements we’ve mentioned please still apply! We are always on the lookout for new talent and for those who are passionate about what we do!
We know that diverse groups are more productive and creative! As a company with a focus on R&D and rapidly implementing innovative technology, this is particularly important to us and why we embrace and celebrate diversity. We explicitly welcome any application that brings additional perspectives to Enapter. If you believe that you can draw from your unique background and experiences to bring something new to our team, please tell us about it. We look forward to hearing from you!