Mechanical Engineer – FEM Analyst (m/f/d)
Enapter is a rapidly-growing energy technology company with offices in Italy, Germany and Thailand. We develop and produce Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) electrolysers that enable low-cost green hydrogen production at any scale.
Enapter’s mission is to make green hydrogen affordable and accessible to all. We are an international team that is united by a common vision and guided by our core principles – Urgency, Simplicity and Transparency. To find out more, please visit our company page (www.enapter.com/about).
We’re seeking an FEM analyst to further develop and optimize our products. Are you passionate about running simulations and have you already gained meaningful experience in finite element analysis? Are you motivated to deepen your knowledge and broaden your skills regarding different simulation aspects?
If you are as passionate about changing the world as we are then you are in the right place!
- Perform FEM/FEA simulations for the development of electrolyser and AEM stack components and lead their mechanical optimization
- Oversee and enable the rapid prototyping of new components
- Define, supervise, and perform test campaigns for material characterization
- Produce reports to document the results obtained
- Support testing, production and quality teams
- First things first: Enthusiasm for the part green hydrogen will play in tomorrow’s world and Enapter’s role in it
- Master’s degree in aerospace, mechanical engineering or equivalent field
- Minimum 4 years of experience in mechanical modelling (FEM/FEA) using Ansys
- At least 4 years of experience in the following topics is a big plus:
- Non-linear analysis
- Contact formulation
- Hyperplastic and viscoelastic-plastic material
- Sealings (o-rings and gaskets) in pressurized systems
- Knowledge of CAD (Autodesk Inventor preferred) and other FEA software (Nastran, Abaqus, COMSOL etc.) is a big plus
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills in both Italian and English
- You’ll have the opportunity to help shape the future of energy in one of the most dynamic companies in the hydrogen industry
- The vision and the people: That’s what our colleagues say they love the most about Enapter
- We love flat hierarchies and being able to collaborate with each other no matter what your role
- We want you to feel that you’re making a real difference, so you’ll have creative freedom and flexibility in how you work
- Working on an empty stomach is the worst. We offer lunch tickets and have restaurants close by that are affiliated. We also have kitchens with coffee machines to get your coffee fix!
- Optional access to health insurance to cover those unexpected visits to the doctor or specialist and optional access to a pension fund to help support your future savings goals! (In line with the current “C.C.N.L. settore Chimica Industria” – National Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Chemical Industry sector)
- Every new team member gets a slice of the pie… we offer stock options to all new hires, and also for exceptional performance
- We want you to feel like part of the crew – because you are! All newcomers get decked out in Enapter merch that has been sustainably selected and sourced
- We celebrate our success together… often! You’ll frequently see snacks and healthy treats in the office
- An exciting working environment at our original R&D and production facility just outside of Pisa
We offer all the basics anyone can expect:
A competitive salary package based on the market and what you bring to the table, paid sick leave for both your physical and mental health and 33.5 days paid leave (including holidays, permissions and ROL) per year.
We know that diverse groups are more productive and creative! As a company with a focus on R&D and rapidly implementing innovative technology, this is particularly important to us and why we embrace and celebrate diversity. We explicitly welcome any application that brings additional perspectives to Enapter. If you believe that you can draw from your unique background and experiences to bring something new to our team, please tell us about it. We look forward to hearing from you!