R&D Testing Scientist (m/f/d)
Enapter is a rapidly-growing energy technology company with offices in Italy, Germany and Thailand. We develop and produce Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) electrolysers that enable low-cost green hydrogen production at any scale.
Enapter’s mission is to make green hydrogen affordable and accessible to all. We are an international team that is united by a common vision and guided by our core principles – Urgency, Simplicity and Transparency. To find out more, please read the Enapter White Paper.
We are looking for an R&D Testing Scientist (m/f/d) who will become part of our electrolyser development and validation team in Pisa, thus helping us get even closer to our dream of putting fossil fuels out of business.
If you are as passionate about changing the world as we are then you are in the right place!
- Set up experimental tests and studies in the R&D department, create test reports based on test plans and experiments
- Work both independently and in collaboration with the rest of the team on R&D projects within the electrolyser development and validation team
- Utilise Python to analyse data in order to generate reports, graphs and create basic models.
- Interact and communicate efficiently with other teams and departments
- Apply your proactive attitude, critical thinking skills and collaborative mindset while approaching complex daily problems
- First things first: Enthusiasm for the part green hydrogen will play in tomorrow’s world and Enapter’s role in it
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Electrochemistry, Chemistry or similar
- A minimum of 3 years proven hands on experience in R&D departments and expertise in electrochemical devices or energy conversion systems, with mechanical and electrical components
- Excellent knowledge of electrochemical phenomena and proven experience with applied electrochemistry (electrochemical reactions, corrosion phenomena, kinetics, etc..)
- Hands on experience with characterization methods (polarization curve, EIS, etc.)
- Academic or industrial experience with fuel cells and electrolysers would be advantageous
- An innovative approach to new concepts and the capability to transform them into practical and measurable deliverables
- Excellent English communication skills are a must, German and Italian are a plus
Was wir bieten:
- You’ll have the opportunity to help shape the future of energy in one of the most dynamic companies in the hydrogen industry
- The vision and the people: That’s what our colleagues say they love the most about Enapter
- We love flat hierarchies and being able to collaborate with each other no matter what your role
- We want you to feel that you’re making a real difference, so you’ll have creative freedom and flexibility in how you work
- Working on an empty stomach is the worst. We offer lunch tickets and have restaurants close by that are affiliated. We also have kitchens with coffee machines to get your coffee fix!
- Optional access to health insurance to cover those unexpected visits to the doctor or specialist and optional access to a pension fund to guarantee your future savings! (In line with the current “C.C.N.L. settore Chimica Industria” – National Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Chemical Industry sector)
- Every new team member gets a slice of the pie… we offer stock options to all new hires, and also for exceptional performance
- We want you to feel like part of the crew – because you are! All newcomers get decked out in Enapter merch that has been sustainably selected and sourced
- We celebrate our success together… often! You’ll frequently see snacks and healthy treats in the office
- An exciting working environment at our original R&D and production facility just outside of Pisa
We offer all the basics anyone can expect:
- A competitive salary package based on the market and what you bring to the table, paid sick leave for both your physical and mental health and 33.5 days paid leave (including holidays, permissions and ROL) per year
Think we might be the right fit?
- Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements we’ve mentioned please still apply! We are always on the lookout for new talent and for those who are passionate about what we do!
We know that diverse groups are more productive and creative! As a company with a focus on R&D and rapidly implementing innovative technology, this is particularly important to us and why we embrace and celebrate diversity. We explicitly welcome any application that brings additional perspectives to Enapter. If you believe that you can draw from your unique background and experiences to bring something new to our team, please tell us about it. We look forward to hearing from you!