Head of Engineering (m/f/d)
Enapter is a rapidly-growing energy technology company with offices in Italy, Germany and Thailand. We develop and produce Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) electrolysers that enable low-cost green hydrogen production at any scale.
Enapter’s mission is to make green hydrogen affordable and accessible to all. We are an international team united by a common vision and guided by our core principles – Urgency, Simplicity and Transparency. To find out more, please see our Enapter Story page (https://www.enapter.com/about ).
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager (m/f/d) to strengthen our product and system development. In this role, you’ll report directly to the COO of the company and will lead various teams which are considered a pillar of our technical business area. Additionally, you’ll play an integral role in the development process and will tackle a wide range of technical challenges. Are you ready for a dynamic environment? If you are as passionate about changing the world as we are then you are in the right place!
- Strengthen and broaden our current product portfolio
- Ensure on-time market readiness of new products and smooth handover to production
- Manage and guide diverse teams of engineers (e.g. mechanical, electrical, safety & certification, data analysts) to achieve departmental goals
- Make informed decisions based on data, as well as identify and manage risks associated with the product development process
- Effectively communicate with the engineering teams, other stakeholders in the product development process (e.g. quality, sales, production, testing), and upper management
- Ensure that products meet quality standards, certification requirements, and technical specifications
- Identify areas for improvement in the product development process and make changes to improve efficiency, quality, and overall success
- Bring your critical solution-oriented approach to daily problems
- First things first: Enthusiasm for the part green hydrogen will play in tomorrow’s world and Enapter’s role in it
- At least MSc in Engineering disciplines, with enhanced knowledge in mechanical or electronic engineering
- You must have a strong technical background and be able to provide technical oversight and guidance to the engineering teams
- At least 10 years of working experience in the engineering field, with proven industrial experience in product development. Experience in automotive or mass-manufacturing environments is a plus
- At least 5 years of experience in leading engineering teams, especially in fast-paced environments
- Hands-on approach with proven process-oriented background
- Excellent knowledge of engineering principles (e.g. design to manufacturing, product lifecycle management, project management) as well as industrial test system setup
- Being able to develop new ideas and transform them into practical and measurable deliverables
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, and fluency in English and Italian
Was wir bieten:
- You’ll have the opportunity to help shape the future of energy in one of the most dynamic companies in the hydrogen industry
- The vision and the people: That’s what our colleagues say they love the most about Enapter
- We love flat hierarchies and being able to collaborate with each other no matter what your role
- We want you to feel that you’re making a real difference, so you’ll have creative freedom and flexibility in how you work
- Working on an empty stomach is the worst. We offer lunch tickets and have restaurants close by that are affiliated. We also have kitchens with coffee machines to get your coffee fix!
- Optional access to health insurance to cover those unexpected visits to the doctor or specialist and optional access to a pension fund to help support your future savings goals! (In line with the current “C.C.N.L. settore Chimica Industria” – National Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Chemical Industry sector)
- Every new team member gets a slice of the pie… we offer stock options to all new hires, and also for exceptional performance
- We want you to feel like part of the crew – because you are! All newcomers get decked out in Enapter merch that has been sustainably selected and sourced
- We celebrate our success together… often! You’ll frequently see snacks and healthy treats in the office
- An exciting working environment at our original R&D and production facility just outside of Pisa
We offer all the basics anyone can expect:
A competitive salary package based on the market and what you bring to the table, paid sick leave for both your physical and mental health and 33.5 days paid leave (including holidays, permissions and ROL) per year.
Think we might be the right fit?
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements we’ve mentioned please still apply! We are always on the lookout for new talent and for those who are passionate about what we do!
We know that diverse groups are more productive and creative! As a company with a focus on R&D and rapidly implementing innovative technology, this is particularly important to us and why we embrace and celebrate diversity. We explicitly welcome any application that brings additional perspectives to Enapter. If you believe that you can draw from your unique background and experiences to bring something new to our team, please tell us about it. We look forward to hearing from you!